Monday, February 2, 2009

Arghh!!

Today I tumbled into the world of Facebook. Is that one word? It didn't use to be. A lot of things didn't use to be. If I wanted to talk to someone I just called them. It was simple. Now I'm "Facebooking." It hasn't gone well. I tried it without any tech support close by.

I'm not sure what happened, but people from high school were suddenly on my screen. These are people I haven't seen or spoken to in 20 years. They're good people, I'm sure, but I didn't know them much then, and certainly don't know them now. Apparently, I have befriended them. This is disconcerting. I pondered about how to undo what I had done. Is this possible? Ahhh! Yes it is. I found the magic button to remove them from being my friend. That sounds so awful. Yet, not as awful as later finding the message that three of them had agreed to be my friend. HMMM. I requested friendship, received friendship, and then I rejected friendship. All of this in 10 easy minutes. I don't think that's how the Sunday School lesson is supposed to end. This is not a Christ-like example of good living.

4 comments:

sojay said...

Hahaha! First a blog, now facebook, wow.

Ok, disable comment moderation!

Spencer and Melina said...

LOL! Seriously. This is great! P.S. LOL = Laughing out Loud...ya know, these things that didn't use to be. Awesome.

Mecqae said...

Funny! I love it! I am quite proud of you - you are really getting online :)

kelly anne said...

ah facebooking... it's just lovely isn't it? don't worry i get weird people from highschool requesting to be my friends sometimes too... or they request me... and then i end up deleting some of them, because we never really talked in high school. we just knew each others names...