I just returned from an extended weekend in Bear Lake. It was great! I went with a bunch of coworker/friends that I often travel with. I learned 3 new games (2 card games and one board game). While I often lose at these types of games, I do love to play them. It must come from growing up in a small mountain town where the electricity worked only on Thursdays.
I thought I would take the opportunity to further pester the language arts teachers concerning the word "whom". Few people are brave enough to wander into Whomville. Those who use the term correctly sound so educated, as if they had electricity on Tuesdays and Thursdays! I want to be a Tuesday and Thursday kind of girl. So, with unabashed fervor I requested an eighth grade review.
I now know that "whom" is an object. This is somehow critical. "Him" or "her" are often attach to the object as opposed to "he" or "she." So, the question is, "With whom are you attending the movie?" Are you going with "him" or "he?" Obviously, the answer is, "I am going to the movie with a man who has a job, doesn't live with Mom, and still has his own teeth. Everything else is optional! ; )
Laundry Detergent Make & Take Class
13 years ago

4 comments:
Ok, that was extremely clever and funny!!
Will my comments never be posted?
kelly... you crack me up.
i tried to learn how to use the whole who/whom thing once.... it didn't really work out. now i just use it when i'm writing papers... and i have to look it up everytime!
-kelly
(haha... it always makes me laugh that we have the same name...)
just checking.
Yay, freedom to post!
Post a Comment